Hi,
Got a form with radio fields assigned to Jira custom fields. Both have values A,B,C. And started to build automation with multiple IF blocks which should work like that:
First block:
IF custom filed 1 = A then custom field SUM = SUM +3
IF custom filed 1 = B then custom field SUM = SUM +2
IF custom filed 1 = C then custom field SUM = SUM +1
Second block
IF custom filed 2 = A then custom field SUM = SUM +3
IF custom filed 2 = B then custom field SUM = SUM +2
IF custom filed 2 = C then custom field SUM = SUM +1
and I have 8 block like that.
Now the problem is that SUM doesn't bring expected values. If every field was set to A I get 30 instead of 24. If every field was set to C I get 1 instead of 8.
In an IF block I'm checking if custom field is equal to answer A and then I'm using Edit issue field which looks like this:
{{issue.custom field SUM}}+3
I saw that there are some issues with handling multiple IF blocks here:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-Integrations/Multiple-IF-statements-that-are-not-mutually-exclusive/qaq-p/1225204
Tried also adding re-fetch between every IF block but that brought even higher result. This came up after reading this:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Automation-for-Jira-How-to-call-one-rule-from-another/qaq-p/1354980
I also wanted to trigger another rule and yes I have checked in another rule ability to trigger but I can't see any component that could actually trigger rule.
I even tried branches which unfortunately do not provide IF blocks so I tried simple Branch, check which answer was provided and then add appropriate value but this works only one time so giving the limit of 65 components and being unable to trigger another rule I'm back to square one.
Can anyone help me with this?
Best
Norman