Can I in JSM disable e-mail notification for some transitions between statuses? Or to mark some statuses as not visible for customer?
Hi Hubert,
Can you be more specific? There are some things out of the box they can see and get notifications about. But you should be able to manage at least the notifications. I am not sure about that statuses. However, you can give the name of the status a different name if you are trying to mask something.
Currently, and per standard, user reporting the issue, or approver, is notified about each change of the status from the workflow.
What I mean I would like to exclude some status from this.
For example, my workflow is:
First Response -> Triage -> In progress -> QC -> Done
My customers complain that they only message about First Response, In Progress, Done. Are not intereseted in Triage or QC as those are mine internal statuses, not releven to them.
See if this previous post helps you:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Hide-Status-es-from-Customer-Portal-view/qaq-p/589137
Thank you.
I see this as possible solution:
it is possible to hide specific workflow statuses to the customers. Take a look at the documentation :
A transition between two workflow statuses can be hidden to the customer by giving them the same status name.
Where "by giving them the same status name" means to do it in the "Request types" -> "Edit fields" -> "Workflow statuses" configuration, not in the workflow itself.
But will it change the number of e-mail notifications too? Or just issues' log entries?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.