I've looked at this ticket: Solved: Set Reporter from a custom field (atlassian.com) which doesn't quite seem to cover what I'm looking for. Here's what's happening -- I have a service desk project that acts as the collector for all tickets. There are automations in place that, based on request time, clone tickets into the appropriate project and then close the service desk ticket. The issue I'm running into is that when the ticket is cloned, the reporter doesn't transfer. Rather, the ticket reporter is change to something like Automation in Jira since the ticket is created by the automation.
What I would like to be able to do is retain the reporter. The workflow I assumed might work is capture the reporter data in a custom field (I've been able to capture the email address or the id of the reporter) and then reassign the reporter after the ticket has been moved from the data in that custom field. However, I see that the reporter appears to be special field -- and apparently, I can't just take say, the email address and have it resolve the reporter for me.
So my question - assuming I can capture either the requester ID or the requester email address -- how to I actually use the Edit Form option in the Automations to actually set the reporter value.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
--tr