Hi,
I was wondering what kind of plans should we subscribe to to be able to use global automation across projects between JSM and JIRA? Is it enough to be on the Premium plan in JSM?
Thanks for your help!
Cheers.
Julien.
Hi @Julien Béchade - It depends upon how many rule executions per day that you're planning to set in motion. With standard, you can do cross-project automation, but it's only intended for light activity. Automation is also heavily impacted by the number of users:
Premium users have 1000 global and multi-project rule executions per paid user per month. Ex: 200 users in Jira Cloud Premium will have 200,000 monthly global/multi-project rule executions per month. This is pooled across all Jira tools and all users. Enterprise users have access to unlimited automation executions.
You can bump up licensing to premium, but determining whether you're upgrading JSM, JS (or both) licensing would depend upon number of users.
Other factors to consider:
Hope this helps.
Thanks for your answer @Mark Segall
The cost is definitively something we'll consider based on the number of agents or/and licensed users for JS.
But what we seek to achieve requires global rules on multiple projects across both JS and JSM and that level of automation is off limit on the standard plan.
That's why I was wondering if we would need premium plan on JIRA or JSM or both.
Julien
The community can keep me honest, but to my knowledge there is no such limitation for global automation rules in Standard other than the number of executions (I create cross-product automations all the time with my free instance). When creating these rules, be sure to do so from Settings >> Global Automations or this link:
https://YOURINSTANCE.atlassian.net/jira/settings/automation
My bad! I was getting an error every time I published a global rule and reading this , I assumed global and multi-projects rules where only from premium. You might want to update that support page.
It turns out the account used as an actor was not an agent on the JSM project involved in the rule and that's why I was getting that error 🙄
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.