Or, can I assign one Jira ticket to two users so both can assign time?
Jira only allows one user at a time to be assigned to an issue.
I believe, though, that anyone can log time to an issue. Most of the organizations I work with are using Tempo Timesheets to help with logging time, so I can't test the non-Tempo use case. Tempo definitely allows anyone to log time to any issue.
A custom field can be added in Jira for a second "assignee". Jira will never treat it like the real "Assignee" field, but you can use the custom field in quick filters, queries, reports, etc. Many organizations name this field something like "Pair" (as in "pair programming"). Make it a single user-select field when creating the custom field.
I have the same issue. I need to be able to assign an issue to multiple users. But as far as I know, if you are using Jira Cloud NG and you are running a team managed scrum project, you can't add fields that show up in any board. @Mykenna Cepek I will check Tempo as well maybe Its better than what we are currently using.
Fields can be added to NG (team-managed) projects, but they are specific to that team. So a custom "Pair" field could be added (to all issue types) in a team-managed project, and used in searching, reporting, queries, etc. -- but only within that one project.
I haven't had access to team-managed projects in a while, but I suspect that Boards are specific to a single team-managed project (whereas multiple company-managed projects can appear on a single Board).
But for utilization purposes I don't think I will be able to get any data by using that.
Or can I?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.