Hello Atlassian Community,
I have an ask that I would like to achieve using native functionality, but am willing to use scriptrunner if needed.
The requested workflow:
- Issue A meets a certain condition that generates Issue B.
- Issue B is generated in a different Project than Issue A.
- As Issue B is being worked and other conditions are met, generated Issue C.
- Issue C landing Project is dynamic and is in a different project than Issue A and Issue B.
The Ask:
- To have Issue C link to Trigger Issue A automatically upon Issue creation.
The Problem I'm experiencing:
- I can get Issue B to link to Issue A upon creation
- I can also get Issue C to link to Issue B upon creation
- Issue C's landing project will vary depending on information identified in Issue B.
- We used Scriptrunner and a custom project picker field of internal creation to achieve this.
- Since these are all created at different times and with varying conditions, having trouble solutioning the way to link Issue C to Issue A across Projects
Has anyone had success achieving something like this using native functionality?