Hello,
Scenario: My analysts are busy working with clients. We have two stages POC and Production clients. Because POC is very busy, the Production clients are being ignored, which is not great.
The analysts are meant to have regular meetings with all clients, but these POC clients take their time, and they forget about the Production clients.
Each client, whether POC or Production, has an Issue ID or their own card on a Kanban Board.
All tickets generally have a priority of medium. I have created one extra priority called Contact Client.
I want to create an automation that picks up on Issue IDs that have not been updated for more than four weeks. By updated, I mean "comments added to the ticket", as this is the most common task.
Ideally, I would like the automation to be triggered automatically, but I can't find a way to do this. Something must trigger the rule.
My initial thought was that the comment could trigger the automation rule (E.g. Analyst adds a comment to the ticket, and then if there are no further comments or ticket updates in 4 weeks, an automation kicks in and does the following:
- Creates a sub-task with a summary (Contact Client).
- Sets the due date to 5 business days from now.
- It sets the priority to Contact Client or High or whatever!
- Sends an alert to Slack regarding the sub-task.
Has anyone built a rule or trigger similar to this or could advise a simple one for me? It must work across the Project Board against all tickets.
Currently, I have the following manual trigger, which only seems to work on a ticket-per-ticket basis, which is not ideal. (we have hundreds of tickets).
When: Manually Triggered (User must be in a group DAPB).
Updated is before three weeks ago
Then: Create a new sub-task
Parent issue: Current Issue
Summary: Contact the client
Due Date: {{now.plusBusinessDays(5)}}
Client: Copy Client from Current Issue
Assignee: Copy Assignee from Current Issue
Priority: Update Client
Thanks,
Mike