Hi There
I am not a developer. I've located a page on the REST API but can't make sense of it.
I need to create personal spaces assigned to colleagues who as yet don't have a personal space on confluence. This is on short timeline (today) and I need the simplest solution.Help please!
Oliver
Hi @[deleted] ,
In principle, every user gets their own space automatically. More information here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-Cloud-articles/We-re-giving-you-a-personal-space-automatically/ba-p/1848650
Thank you @marc -Collabello--Phase Locked- However there are a number of colleagues who do not yet have personal spaces created. I'm looking for a fast solution to have these created today. How would that be that possible? Option 1. I can supply a list of names and an admin / community leader helps
Option 2. I can learn how to create spaces on behalf of colleagues and work in a manual / automated setup
Ideally this is a solution that does not require each individual colleague
Why?
If your people are going to use a personal space, they can just click the button to create theirs and get started. Doing that for them is pointless, if they aren't going to use it, why bother?
What problem would everyone having a personal space with no information in it solve?
@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- thanks for the question
Company push to update personal spaces - we have a pre-built space template
Desire to save our members the setup time
Making it faster them to update their space
Please advise?
Ok, good background, and it's never a bad thing to have the company encourage people to use their personal spaces.
But creating empty ones isn't going to encourage people to do it. You can't blueprint a personal space, and creating it for them is probably counter-productive - it lessens the incentive for people to actually go create it for themselves.
@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- If it were you - how would you incentivize?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.