Is it possible to populate custom fields using insight attributes via selecting an insight object.I know you can do it with user fields as shown here:https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/auto-populate-approvers-from-insight-objects-1072474097.html
{"fields": {"Approvers": {{System object.Owners.flatten.asJsonObjectArray("id")}}}}
But what if i was to do this with text fields, select list fields, is that possible?Currently using Automation for Jira for this -> Edit issue.Thanks
Hi @Ronnie Wan ,
I believe it should be possible, but be aware, that each type of custom field expects different formatted data - if the provided data is incorrect, custom field value won't be stored.
Thanks @Hana Kučerová
Are you able to provide examples as I can't find any documentation which helps
@Ronnie Wan Please, what exactly is your use case, which attributes do you need to store?
Hey @Hana Kučerová So I have an insight object called Template.This object in Insight has attribute fields such as select list, text fields, date fields
I also have an Insight custom field called Template which is based off the Insight object mentioned above.
And what i am wanting to do is when a user selects a template via the custom field, in automation for Jira I can put something there which populates custom fields on a jira ticket such as; a select list, text fields, date fields using attributes from that template object stored in Insight.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.