Hi there
I've quite the opposite problem of https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management/How-to-manage-custom-fields-between-the-Customer-Portal-Screen/qaq-p/1742381While having a simple view in the customer portal for my customers with just 4 fields, I like to have a create screen for the same request type for my agents with a lot more fields, when they create a request directly in JSM.
When the agent chooses a requesttype in the create screen in JSM there are only the fields from the portal there. Can I somehow get them additional screens in this view?
This would be configured in the JSM Project under Request Types. When you open the Request Types screen, there are two tabs at the top of the page:
1) Request Form and 2) Issue View.
The Request Form is configured for what you want the portal users to see & complete and the Issue View is what you expect the JSM Agents to see when creating a ticket directly in JSM.
Hi @Sue Wilson Thank you very much for your answer!When I add some fields in Issue view I see the additional fields only in the view screen in the request frame but not in the create screen.What I'm searching for, is a change in creating screen. But the defined "create screen" is overridden by the request form.
@Adrian Arm my apologies.
Each Request Type is associated to an Issue Type. For a JSM Project, you would configure Issue Types, Screens, Workflows the same as JIRA Software, so any expectations of a different screen for agents when creating tickets directly in JSM would be in the configuration of the screen associated with the Issue Type in the Project configuration.
The fields associated to the Issue Type in the Project configuration are then available on the Request Form & Issue View where you can show/hide to limit what the user can enter and see.
Thank you @Sue Wilson
I've already configured the create screen from the issue type that is associated with the request type.
When I create a new issue in JSM and choose the request type, I've only the fields available that are shown in the "Request form".
Use case: I have a simple request form for my customers and want to allow my agents to have more fields available in the create screen while creating an issue in JSM, with the same request type.
Actual workaround:
The agents create a new issue without choosing a request type. That way all fields from the create screen are available. Before the user finally clicks create he chooses the request type -> the filled fields disappear from the create screen -> he clicks "create" -> the prefilled fields are filled in the view screen.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.