Tried a JQL statement of {{comment.created.longTime.isAfter(6:00:00 PM GMT)}}
However I get audit log errors that tell me nothing more than'Action details:Issue conditionThe following issues passed: ticket id'
Hi,
I think the problem might lie in your smart value. "longTime" is actually a formatting function so will print the date as a String. Once it's a string it doesn't know how to do an isAfter date comparison. I think just removing that will get you what you need.
{{comment.created.isAfter(6:00:00 PM GMT)}}
Cheers,Brydie
Hello @Ben Greene
Please provide all the details of your Rule.
How are you using that JQL statement?
The log is indicating it found an issue that matches your Condition, but you didn't tell us what the condition is.
Are you expecting some action to be taken against the matching issues? What is the action? Is the action not being taken?
Hi @Trudy P Claspill
Thanks for the reply, yes I am expecting a comment to be made on the issue when the timeframe of the reporter's comment is outside the hours I am comparing to:
The comment is not being made and the error just tells me 'issue passed'
Who is the Actor for the Rule? This will be shown on the Rule Details page.
Does that actor have the permissions needed in the project to add comments to the issues.
Can you show the details of the If and Else-If components?
Can you add Log Actions within your If and Else-If branches that will log a message to the audit log? That will tell you which condition specifically has been matched.
Is this the entire rule? Can you show the entire rule?
Hi @bmccoy
Thanks for the response, I will give that a go and let you know if it works.
I was just now having errors with instead trying startOfDay.
Perhaps I am under the wrong impression on how startOfDay works, I looked at the documentation but I didn't see what time startOfDay refers to.
I assume it is the time of 00:00 of the current day, but maybe it instead references the beginning of a work day e.g. 09:00 ?
@bmccoy doesn't look to have worked sadly.
@bmccoy this is still an issue for us on our side, can you suggest any other methods of checking if the time is before / after a certain hour of the day?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.