Hi there!
We are using Jira Software and the Xray Add-on and I'd like to use the Jira Automation feature in my project. I´m not interested in additional Add-ons.
Is it possible to automatically sync field values between Preconditions / Tests / Test Sets / Test Plan / Test Executions and Bugs? My problem here: I´m not sure which trigger events would make the automation robust.
Lets say I'd want to create a (Sub) Test Execution to retest after a bugfix was made available. I'd link all relevant issues (Test & (Sub) Test Execution with the Xray feature, Test Execution & Bug with the Jira feature). Now the question is: will the Xray feature provide a robust trigger event?
Another case could be the creation of a Test Execution from a Test Plan. Here we don't have a trigger event apart from issue creation, I think. Both issues are linked by Xray and maybe the Test Execution includes the Test Plan issue ID in its Summary (if my team agrees to not mess with how Xray populates the Test Execution Summary field).
How would you go about this?
Thanks for reading!
Best regards,
Robin