Good morning,
When moving issue to new project, the issue key changes. Where can I see the previous issue key? Can I add a field to map it to?
Thank you,
Dorothy
Hi Dorothy,
You should be able to see that in the History of the issue under the Activity section of the issue.
Hi @Dorothy Callahan
You can find issue key changes in the History while opening the Activity section like on the screen below.
If you need to get a report for the list of issues or filter issues by sprint, assignee, project, dates, etc., check out Issue History for Jira app. It is developed by my team as a customizable journal for every past activity.
Also, here is the case from one of our users that can be helpful How many tickets were moved from one Jira project to another? [Use case]
Let me know if those solutions help in your case.
Thank you for your response. I directed users to history for that information but they were hoping I could create a field that would link the old issue number.
Just curious, but why would they need that in a field?
It was just a "nice to have" question. If its visible in history could it be a linked issue.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.