I want anyone (whether they have a login or not) to be able to view a project (view the dashboard, issues, backlog, etc) but not make any changes.
I upgraded from free to standard plan because I read that the standard plan includes a feature "anonymous user" but the free plan does not.
However I am unable to configure my project for such access. I have updated global permissions to allow "share dashboard and filters" to Public. But I find that a user still has to login before they can access the dashboard.
I used the "permissions helper" to test whether an anonymous user can access issues in the project, and the "permissions helper" reported a status as green and "Anonymous has the 'Browse Projects' permission".
What exactly is meant by anonymous user? A user who has not logged in? or a user that has logged in but does not have explicit permission to the project?
How do I change my configuration so that a user does not need to login to view the project dashboard?
Why do I want to do this? I teach a software engineering course and I am investigating using Jira for Agile development. I want to give students access to an example project but with read only access.
David