I am trying to setup a base template for bugs. Since Jira doesnt natively support this and all plugins I found dont work in a convenient way I am trying to just do the most important thing with the automation rules:
Pre-populate the "Description" field in the "Create Issue" screen (before user has actually created the issue) with pre-formatted text.
So I have several questions:
1. Is it possible to copy text from custom fields to core fields (here the "Description" field" with automation rules?
2. If that is possible, can the rule be executed when the user selects the "Create" button in the project (the main "Create" button in Jira)?
3. Can the text be formatted, for example bold text or cursive?
If you know another solution for this task please let me know, I have been looking into this for quite a while now.
We are on Jira Cloud, company-managed project