We are notified that a ticket has been updated which is good, but can we remove notifications for specific types of updates? I don't want a notification to go out when the status is changed to Closed.
The notification scheme controls what is sent out. In the post function when setting the issue to closed replace the current one with a custom notification. Then in the notification scheme you can chose who will get notified when that custom notification is triggered.
I found the post functions. I'm not 100% which one I am supposed to be editing. I'm guessing I can just delete the sixth one?
It's the last one. The generic event. That is used by default in most transitions.
Go to project settings > notifications, and you can see which options you have to restrict, including "Issue Closed".
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.