In the JIRA dashboard, I want to add one field in the list to show all the comments and the latest comment. Is it possible and which field should I insert?
Hi @tianchi ,
You can't get them directly. Here are some workarounds, but it's complicated.
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Adding-quot-last-comment-quot-in-a-Filter-Results-Dashboard/qaq-p/1066548
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/How-to-get-Comments-in-Dashboard/qaq-p/1804313
@tianchi -
Out of the box, it is not possible. In our env, we used Scriptrunner for Jira (3rd party add-on) to create a custom scripted field "Latest Comment" via custom coding. Afterward, our users use it for reporting (JQL filter results)/dashboarding.
Best, Joseph Chung Yin
Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team
Viasat Inc.
Hello @tianchi,
I am Marlene from codefortynine.
Another option to display a dynamic field that shows the latest comment, would be our app Dynamic Custom Fields for Jira. With our app you can use Jira expressions to create computed custom fields.
In this screenshot you can see the custom expression and and a preview how the field would look like.
This is the expression I used to create this field:
issue.comments.length ? issue.comments[issue.comments.length-1].body.plainText : ""
If you have questions or feedback about our app, don't hesitate to reach out to us directly.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.