Hi All ! This one sounds simple but unfortunately either I'm missing something or it is not simple.
CASE:
We have a bug escalation project that gets bugs pulled into it from Salesforce. Often times we get duplicate bug submissions. We need to be able to close all the duplicate bugs when their parent bug is fixed/closed.
SOLUTION:
- We setup a custom issue link type. Outward is TSE Original/Parent Bug and inward is TSE Duplicate/Child Bug.
- The team will manually link these bugs with this new issue link type.
- CAVEAT: The parent issue will be moved out of the original project to some other dev team project to be worked, but the duplicate/child bugs will stay in original project (ATLADMIN).
AUTOMATION
TRIGGER
- Parent issue transitions to a DONE statuscategory
CONDITIONS
- Parent issuetype is BUG
- Custom field SFDC_Case_ID is not empty (this flags the bug as coming from Salesforce)
- I'd like to be able to add something like - parent issue must be issue link type TSE Original/Parent Bug to further filter it, but I don't know how to do this
BRANCH FOR ISSUES LINKED TO THIS ONE (LINKED ISSUE TYPE = TSE Duplicate/Child Bug
CHILD CONDITIONS
- project = ATLADMIN
- status NOT in a DONE statuscategory
ACTION
- transition any child issue to status DONE
- add a comment
I think I need that additional condition to filter the parent, but I'm not sure. I tested closing the parent, and nothing happens to the children. I'm open to suggestions.
