For over a year, we've been using Jira Service for tickets, which are created through the website or via e-mail.
Until two days ago, everything worked fine and e-mails with responses and new requests alike were received and processed by Jira, updating tickets, creating tickets, and notifying agents by e-mail.
I noticed the support e-mail inbox showed 5 new e-mails, which was odd. I looked at Jira for the corresponding ticket creation/update and didn't see them. I also didn't receive any e-mails from Jira telling me about a new ticket or an update to a ticket.
It appears that Jira is no longer checking the e-mail inbox to pull these e-mails, process them, and mark them as read.
Under Settings > Products > Email requests, the status of the mailbox shows "Last received wednesday 4:07 pm". Today is Friday and there are five e-mails to be processed since the e-mail on Wednesday.
When selecting the submenu and testing the connection, it reads, "No problems found with email settings configuration.".
Viewing the logs shows the e-mail from Wednesday opened a new ticket as it should have and shows it was picked up by the 'Jira Service Management Mail Handler'.
Under Settings > System > Global Mail Settings, the Email puller and Email processor are both enabled. I did apply the universal fix by disabling them and re-enabling them, which did not resolve the issue.