Rule background:
Goal:
How can I accomplish this?
Thank you so much!
Hi @Wendy Chen,
You should be able to create a variable (e.g. {{auditor}}, fill that with a smart value from the epic's reporter ({{issue.reporter.displayName}}) and then use the variable to set the auditor custom field of your linked issues while you are creating them.
Hope this helps!
So in the automation rule structure, would I include a New Action after the epic is created, select Edit issues field, choose the Auditor field, and input ({{issue.reporter.displayName}}).
And then in blocks that create the stories, select Audit field to be filled, and copy from the Epic?
Not exactly, @Wendy Chen.
I was thinking you 'd have an automation rule that responds to the issue created trigger, checks if the issue created is an epic and after that condition:
new action: set variable (name: {{auditor}}, value {{{{issue.reporter.displayName}}}}
And then, when you create the 5 issues in that epic, use the {{auditor}} variable to set the Audit field of the issues.
Is this how I set the variable up? The second image is trying to edit the Auditor field of the epic issue that is created.
However, I ran this rule and the error said "
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.