Trying to open a bug with all sorts of custom and non-custom fields. Everything works as expected except of one custom field, of type 'Labels'.
The following is the .json file I post, where the question mark is the problematic part (as far as I can tell):
Turns out it should be posted as follows:
"versions":[ { "name":"version" } ],
Hi Yahm - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
I don't know much about JSON, but why are you using an API to create the issue and not using something simple like Automation for Jira?
Hi!
Thanks for the reply!
I'm using the API because it's most convenient for me. I use it from a Jenkins pipeline.
I use JSON simply to pass the data to Jira, as mentioned here https://developer.atlassian.com/server/jira/platform/jira-rest-api-examples/#versionpicker.
Well, you might do what is working and then add an automation rule just to update the labels type field after the issue is created.
The thing is that this field is required when opening an issue.
Isn't there any documentation to using a custom field with type 'Labels'?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.