Morning Friends [from the UK]
I think closed sprints cannot renamed but I'll ask the question anyway and explain a little more.
Our previous Scrum Master renamed the sprints at the start of the year to sprint 1, sprint 2 etc. However, we already had sprint 1 and sprint 2 from past years.
Another Scrum Master has recently renamed the current and future sprints to 2022-Sprint 13, 2022-Sprint 14. This makes more sense going forward but looks odd on the reporting as the naming convention switches [I know, it’s a 1st world problem].
I wanted to rename sprint 1-12 (in 2022) to correspond with the 2022 naming convention as this would align everything. I decided to explore the bulk change method e.g., grab the sprint ID for sprint 1 in 2022, go to the issue navigator, select sprint = 12345 and perform the bulk change on all the issues in that sprint to 2022-Sprint 1.
I'm a little unsure about performing this operation if the bulk change can indeed do this e.g.:
1. Will this overwrite the sprint field with a single sprint. If so, this would be inappropriate because based on the 4th open issue in the screen grab, we have issues that have been in multiple sprints and the history would be lost; or
2. Will this method work because the issues in the closed sprints would not have changed even after the sprint name is changed, and therefore the history will be preserved?

Again, all of this could be academic as it might not be possible. If so, then its case closed!
As always, I hope you're having a great day wherever you are. And thanks to anyone that takes the time to reply.
Stay happy, holy and healthy.
Regards
Hardip