Hi all,
I hope I can explain all of this in a coherent manner.
I have a service management project and 3 software projects. I have created request forms to be used by internal customers to submit requests through portal. We do not want our internal customers the ability to enter requests directly into Jira.
1) Confirm that an internal customer does not need a license or be set up as a user in the JSM.
2) I've been asking my peer to submit request using portal to test. She was able to do that when set up as an admin user. When I remove her as a user from projects, just as an internal customer would not be a project user, she receives message that she does not have access to any service projects.
3) I am set up as an admin, when I submit request using portal, I receive initial email confirming request with issue number assigned. I do not receive additional notification that issue has been assigned to software project. If I attempt to access the issue using original email with "View Issue" to test updating comments after it's been moved to another project, I receive message "This request has been moved to a project you don't have permission to view."
I want our internal customers the ability to use portal without being a user and the requester to receive update notifications when issue is assigned to another project with updated issue ID and continue communications through comments accessed via that email. I have tried to address via permissions, roles, notifications etc. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Dorothy