Apologies I've tried searching this but haven't had luck. Hoping someone can give me some quick clarification on a a few things when it comes to cloud. (Essentially I have 1 question that if true has a couple follow up questions)
Our organization has 3 Jira instances. 2 of these are server based Jira Project Management Software. 1 is Jira Service Management in the cloud under our org/site.
I am now looking to migrate the first server jira product to the cloud. This is a simpler migration (no addons, hopefully hit the button and go type thing).
Should/can this "live" in the same site as the current Jira Project Management Software instance (so oursite.atlassian.net/jira2/ for example). If so, how do I tell it to do so during the migration (as all I see is the ability to select our site) Or does every instance of jira need a version of our site to live under (oursite2.atlassian.net/jira/ for example)
If that is the case, for testing purposes, as I havent done this before, should I create a new site, for example testing.atlassian.net, to test the data migration, before doing a proper migration to the final destination?