I want to setup JIRA automation that ONLY sends out a notification when all dependencies on an issue are met. How can I do that?
Hi @SHEHZADALI ISMAILY
You'll want something like this:
What's happening here is that as issues move to your resolved status (DONE in my example), it navigates to any issues it is blocking. Next, it verifies that all blockers are resolved. If this matches, it sends an email.
Mark, thank you for this. See my current rule setup below:
How can I edit this current rule setup to include the missing part which is the branch that you have (for linked issues, types blocks). or do I need to construct the rule in a different way to include that missing component?
Thank you for your help.
For clarity, are you looking to have it send two notifications?
If this is the case, it looks like you already have the branch so you can just add the linked issue condition (you'll want to change it to the other half of your "Depended on by" link type) and the second send email action.
Looking to send only 1 notification when ALL dependencies are marked done or cancelled. Is the below condition in my screenshot what the setup would need to be?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.