I need to grant access to old core tickets, and need the comments on those tickets not to be visible to the new users.
I have set up issue security, and know that comments can be individually updated to a specific visibility using that, but with sometimes over 100 comments per ticket that's not viable.
I've tried the "Edit comment" automation action, which states that you can update a comment's visibility while preserving its content if you leave the text box blank, however the only options for doing this are to edit the first, last, or trigger comment, so that will only edit 1 at a time.
The final option is to edit the comment based on smart value, which I have tried but this results in either an error saving the rule or an error in the audit log saying "Error editing comment - smart-value did not resolve into a number." - this error was shown when using the smart value {{#issue.comments}}{{/}}
Is there a way of selecting all available comments on an issue, or is there another way to update all comments' security?