Hi Community,
In this tutorial we will show you how you can automatically set approvers from an insight object's custom field selection using Insight Management and Jira Automation.
Automation Rule:
Advanced Editing Snippet:
{ "update": { "Approvers": [{ "add": { "accountId": "{{issue.customfield_id.(Insight Attribute Name)}}" } }] }}
Regards,
Fabian
Can you not just add this smart value to the approvers field rather than use the "advanced" JSON? {{issue.<insight-custom-field>.<user-attribute>.accoundid}}
Hi,
thank you @Fabian Lim and @Gary Blower (Clearvision) I am currently working on the exact same issue and you pushed me into the right direction.
After a few tries I have the following results. You can change the Trigger to issue creation, but for testing the manually triggered is much more convinient
1. Example: Insight Field only contains 1 User
This works like @Gary Blower (Clearvision) suggested
{{issue.customfield_10093.Manager.accountId}}
2. Example: Insight Field contains multiple Users
This example took some investigations, but finally i have the following solution.
{"fields": {"Approvers": {{customfield_10093.Manager.flatten.asJsonObjectArray("accountId")}}}}
The Portal will only have the application and description. The Summary is set to a fixed value.
The summary is to be automatically supplemented in the future with the selected application.
I want to automatically add a reporter as a approval, but there is no option to add a reporter can I get any smartvalue?
Hi @Muhammad Moazzam Hassan ,
you can use the smart value {{issue.reporter}} .
to learn more about smart values. Have a look here: https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/jira-smart-values-issues/
if this helped let me know. If u need futher advice, explain the use case in more detail.
Hi, How can I add both manager (from Insight) & reporter as approvers?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.