I'd like to have the due date filled based by the already filled end date on the same epic. I've tried to create an automation for that but could't find anything.
I think I found a solution. It seems I can just copy the value via automation
HI @sebastian.walag -- welcome to the Atlassian Community.
Could you please further clarify your requirement:
What should be the trigger for this rule (means: when exactly should this happen)?
Furthermore: Please provide screenshots of your approach to create the automation rule? What did you try and how far did you come so far? Where did you get stuck?
BestStefan
of course. the problem is, the end date is already set on most of all epics but the due date isn't. I'd like to trigger the rule by any edit/change on the issue or even better if the due date is empty set due date = end date. Hope that helps to understand the problem better.
Would you be so kind to share your solution after verification that it works?
This will be helpful for the community when searching for a solution when they are faced with similar/same problem.
Thanks in advance.
my solution:
Fields to monitor for changes* --> End date (as this was already set in every epic)
Then: Edit issue - choose fields to set --> Due Date
simply choose then "Issue to copy value from = current issue"
then just choose the value that should be copied, in my case "end date"
initially I used "field value changed" to trigger this action and used then a bulk change on all epics - I added a comment to every epic that the date will be updated - this triggered the initial update on all epics that already had a value. In future the trigger is the end date value itself.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.