I might be going on a limb here but I thought I would share/ask.
My Team would like to use a Proposals management tool. Currently, they're using SharePoint with Lists, Libraries, and some Power Automate (Flows) as the middle tier but it is a mediocre architecture.
This was ok for now but has become terrible for scalability and we refuse to maintain Flows working as they're not reliable.
My thoughts... Can I create a JIRA project that fits my needs?
Reasons why a Service Management and not other types
- Create SLAs to track time during stages and automation for breached SLAs
- Create reports from the "reports" page that will tell us the time spent on a proposal
- Create an automation based on breached SLAs
Long story short, I believe the Jira Service Management type of Project will do the trick. First I'd have to do some cleaning up but it would go something like this...
- Clear out any Out of the Box workflows, screens, or anything not needed
- Create Issue types: Proposal, and leave existing Tasks, Sub-Tasks type
- Create a Request type: Create a Proposal (only one needed at this time)
- Portal is irrelevant
- Create a Workflow that fits the proposal lifecycle
- etc
Has anyone tried to customize an ISM project to be intended for a different use? I'd really love to see a "Proposals Management" template in the marketplace even if it is not of an ISM type.
Your two cents:
Do you have a better approach for accomplishing this? We're open to different project types.
As long as we maintain the ability to create SLAs, we're happy to try it.
Bonus: Currently, Forms can only auto-create issues if configured from the "Settings" page of the form. However, I cannot seem to do this from other Project types, only Service Management seems to allow the auto-creation of issues. If this is possible and I just don't know, please point me in the right direction!
Thank you so much for your support of the community!
Tony