Jira cloud, team-based project, free version, Software project, kanban board.
I have following two "to do" statuses: to Verify and to Fix. On the board I have them in that order left to right under columns with the same names.
In the Backlog I see the Board and Backlog groups as expected. I wonder which field controls issue assignment to either board or backlog category, i.e. what changes behind the scenes when I drag it up or down this list.
At work we use company-managed project and transitioning from equivalent of to Verify to to Fix moves the issue automatically to board from backlog.
Here, however, transitioning does nothing and I must manually move the issue in the backlog screen - so I wonder which field controls that in attempt at some automation.
In our work setup, in configure board the left most column, which here is called unassigned statuses, there is called backlog and it is some kind of system generated special column when we enabled backlog with out kanban board.
Does that make sense? Please advise.