When saving the page, the result is as I was hoping for, the page title displays color, background and font-size as defined.
Okay, up until now, I was only checking the look of the wiki page, not the page exported to PDF. But at least, I am pretty sure that the CSS code should work.
3. Next step is trying to do the same thing for the PDF export:
For this, I copy my CSS code to the PDF Export Stylesheet and export the page with ... (three dots) > Export to PDF.
The result now, unfortunately, is negative. The way the page title is displayed in the exported PDF is totally untouched from what I tried to achieve with my CSS code.
=> The BIG question:
Why is this so? The CSS code should be working.
What is different when exporting to PDF?
Is there another stylesheet with standard values that can't be overwritten or with definitions that have a higher priority?
Anything else?
PS:
I know that questions like this one are stupidly difficult to answer since Confluence is different between Cloud and Server and from one version to another.
I, for example, know that what I am enquiring about now is something that used to work in earlier versions of Confluence. The code I would use back then was the "h1.pagetitle {...}" which has been mentioned in numerous older threads but is now definitely not part of my source code anymore.