Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide title of a specific page

Raj Karan January 13, 2014

Hi there,

I am working on Confluence 5.4 with Zen and trying to hide the title of a specific page. As I am using Zen intranet theme it restricts me from editing space level stylesheet and forces me to change style through Brand designer which get implemented throught the site.

Please let me know if I am missing something or suggest if tehre is any work around.

Thanks

3 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

2 votes
Answer accepted
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 14, 2014

I would create a user macro that has CSS to hide the title element. Then simply put that user macro on any pages that you want the title to be hidden on.

1 vote
KathyD January 15, 2014

Both of these approaches will work, but in general we recommend Raj's approach.

Reason: If you accomplish your design goals through the Zen functions, supporting your designs through future Confluence upgrades falls onto our plate. In contrast, if a future release of Confluence changes the DOM, it may break custom CSS in ways we can't anticipate, generating more work for you during an upgrade (although we can assist through Punchcard services).

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2014

Yeah Raj's approach is probably best. I really don't use Zen, so my answer was made no knowing that the layout could be overridden.

1 vote
Raj Karan January 14, 2014

Thanks Davin for your suggestion but I figured this out. We can do it without any macro below are the steps to do it, for future references:

1. Access the page with the title you want to hide.

2. From the Configuration menu, select Override Master Layout.

3. A draft layout page opens.

4. From the Configuration menu, select Page Designer.

5. The Page Display Details window opens.

6. Select the Page Title box.

7. Click the Apply button.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events