In a system-managed "next-gen" project (Classic projects are unavailable in my instance), I am unable to get the "For Epic (parent)" branch component to work properly.
I have some epic, FOO-1. Within it, there is a single issue, FOO-2 with an Epic Link back to FOO-1.
FOO-1 is currently "Open", and has a valid transition path to "Closed".
Transitioning FOO-2 to Closed should be closing FOO-1, as it is the only issue in the epic and has a status of "Closed" -- however, this does not occur. In testing (adding actions for commenting, email under the branch), it appears that the "For Epic (parent)" branch condition is not functioning correctly. There is not an error in the audit log; there is simply a status for runs of "No Actions Performed".
Is anyone else experiencing this, and have you found any workarounds? I found a few issues that seem to indicate that the Epic Link is implemented differently as of a few years ago, but I haven't found any concrete issue that indicates this is a known bug.
