I have set up some automation rules that interact with each other to do the following:
- Generate a standard release notes template in issues when transitioned to Done
- Users will then fill in the template on their assigned issues
- Identify issues ready for release based on their resolution date in relation to the end of the sprint
- Format those release notes along with other issue information and create a confluence page
This is accomplished via a few rules:
- :Rule #1 creates the release notes template (screenshot below)

- Rule #2 labels issues as ready_for_release if they meet certain time and resolution criteria
- Rule #3 looks up those issues and creates a webhook to create the confluence page (screenshot below):

The issue is that {{Release notes comments.htmlEncode}} is a paragraph style field, and it appears like this in Jira:

The resulting confluence only shows this as a single bullet, and I would like to bullet each line in the paragraph. I can put bullets in the release note template itself, but confluence doesn't seem to recognize these even when I use wiki style formatting (this appears to be a known Jira bug). See example below

Any ideas for how I could get the webhook to bullet each line so it looks like the below?
