I was asked to create a portal for an existing software project (let's refer to this as
, so the only thing to do was to create a service project (let's refer to this as A) with a portal that guides users through the desired line of questioning. I've crafted an automation which will create a ticket in B whenever a ticket is created in A. This works well, and it additionally copies the name of the reporter to the B ticket, instead of showing the automation account name. Splendid! What I've got now is a large repository of tickets in A that should have been resolved when the B ticket was resolved.
I've been researching the way to achieve this, and through documentation and forums I've crafted this:

What I'm stuck with at the moment is that this simply isn't working. I've tried using the automation on A but not B, B but not A, and on both and no matter what, transitioning the issue in B to one of the specified statuses does not close the issue in A. From what I can tell, this automation configuration has worked for others, and clearly I'm missing something escapes me at the moment. Does anyone have any tips or advice?
The audit log shows this:

Crossed out are the keys of the two projects and the issue name.
I have verified that issues in B that are Done, Wontfix, or Won't do still have the linked ticket from A...and in A that ticket still has the status TO DO.
I can also see that on ticket A, the correct status for the linked issue in B is showing.
I've also toyed with the idea of just doing this with a legacy automation on A...this has also proved fruitless. From what I can tell, this automation configuration has worked for others, and clearly I'm missing something escapes me at the moment. Does anyone have any tips or advice?