I am just beginning to play with the new Forms feature in JSM. If you have been using forms and have some input or ideas here, please do share.
Use Case:
I'm integrating with a partner (using a non-JSM solution) using simple email integration.
Under certain conditions when a customer opens an issue in my JSM project I want to present a form to them to capture various information. Once the issue is created I will have automation that will send an email to the partner's application which will create a ticket in their system. I need the body of this email to contain the contents of the Form. I realize that Automation doesn't currently support Forms so I am trying to find alternatives. For example, if I could get the Form contents into a comment then I could reference the comment within my automation to send the email. I also realize that I could associate the necessary Form fields with custom fields but then, to a large extent, that negates the primary purpose for using the Form, i.e. avoid creating a lot of unnecessary custom fields.
Just hoping that someone has some ideas here or just put me out of my misery and say no you can't get there from here. ;-)