I've previously been looking for a solution for this and see there is a recent article stating there is now a resolution.
Article: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-do-i-edit-closed-issues
Firstly, the Property Key: [jira.issue.editable] does not appear when opening the properties menu on the 'Done' status within my project workflow. I'm only met with 'There are currently no defined properties'.
Looking at the use-case of the jira.issue.editable property, as described within this article: "To make an issue editable when it's on a particular status." - With that logic I even added that property key and set the value to 'true', still no luck in able to edit any issues marked 'Done' within my project,
I have JIRA-admin permissions, so I don't think it's anything to do with permissions.
I also tried this with other projects and still not able to move 'done' issues back to an appropriate status.
Is there something else I'm missing?
Thanks!