Hi,
I followed the instructions here to create templates in my JIRA descriptions so that reporters include all the information: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Default-text-for-Description-field-on-Jira-Cloud/qaq-p/785597
That in turn canceled out automation that I had set up that looks like the images below.
Someone please help
UPDATE: I figured out now that it's because due date and some other fields are required. Does this mean that it can't auto create these issues anymore? ( see last pic)
@Felicia Rodrigues
Change the BRANCH to the option "For Most Recently created issue".
This BRANCH type will only collect issues that were created in this automation event rule.
Since you separated the events by condition, it should read only the creation event for each condition included.
If that doesn't help, come back with more detail on what you really want to extract and what errors you've come across.
Hi, @Fernando Eugênio da Silva
yes, it seems as if it's because of mandatory fields. Do you know any workaround?
As these fields are mandatory you will need to enter a value for them.
Unfortunately automation doesn't have the ultimate power to skip validations and field requirements.
So the only ways you can achieve this are:
1: Inside the ACTION of "Create Issue", add the mandatory fields and you can choose some value for them or make them copy the value of the issue trigger of your rule.
2: remove mandatory these fields in your field schema.
@Fernando Eugênio da Silva
I made them copy the value of the required fields from the trigger task and it still doesn't work.
So I will just try to not make them mandatory and communicate across the business that all needs to be filled in.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.