I just started using Releases and versions in my JSW project. When I transition an issue to DONE I would like the Fix Versions to be set to the latest unreleased version. How would I do this?
Hi @Paul Dokken
You may do that with an Automation for Jira rule. For example:
You could remove the condition if you want to replace any existing value.
To learn more about automation rules, please look at these sources and examples:
Kind regards,Bill
Perfect! This is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks so much for sharing your knowledge.
I thought it was working but has only worked on 2 issues out of about 20 that have already been done. I have made sure the scope is set for the project. Any ideas?
Hi, Paul.
When you note it only worked on 2 issues out of 20, what are you observing happening?
Can you post images of the audit log details showing executions where it worked and did not work as expected?
Next, I notice you have set this up as a global scope rule.
Here is the audit log. The 20 that I mentioned should meet the condition that all are transitioned to done and Fix Versions is empty. The reason I have the rule global is I want it to run on both my software projects which each have their own Fix Versions.
Hi Bill,
Here is the audit log. The 20 issues that I mentioned should have met the condition of transitioning to done and Fix Versions is empty to only 2 ran.
The reason I made the rule global is that there are 2 software projects and each of them have their own Fix versions.
Thanks for that info, Paul.
According to the audit log, the rule seems to be triggering for only one project: FSO. Were there other issues for that same project which did not trigger the rule?
And, are these Company-managed or Team-managed projects?
I ask because the "Done" status for company-managed project is probably a shared/reused status in your Jira site. For team-managed, each project has its own set of status values. So perhaps the rule is not picking up one of them for the project.
If one (or both) projects are team-managed, you can check this by copying the rule to one of the projects, disabling the global rule, and see if the project-specific rule works as expected.
Follow up question,
How can I set the fixVersion not to the next Unreleased version, but to the one right after?Also, is it possible to read the {{pullRequest.destinationBranch.name}} variable, parse it and dynamicly set the fixVersion?Example: If the branch is develop, I want to set the version to 1.1.0If the branch is release-1.0.0, I want to set the version to 1.0.0
Hi @Salim Ubeydullah -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
The short answer to your first question is: probably not. Smart value lists do not have the ability to be sorted, and so you cannot find the "one before the next one".
For your second question, the answer is "yes". A version can be set from the drop-down list or from a smart value expression, and so you would create an expression to get that version number from the branch name to use it.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.