Hi - we've got two Service Desk portals in separate Jira accounts.
One works as we'd like - it's anonymous and will allow any email address in the 'Email confirmation to' field.
If it's someone the Service Desk recognises as having a Jira or Service Desk account that will be linked in the ticket. (It will show the 'this user created the ticket while not logged in' message as expected).
I'm trying to setup a duplicate of this Portal on the second account. As far as I can tell the settings are the same in terms of allowing Anonymous ticket creation/sign up etc.
On the new portal I'm seeing two types of errors.
- Where no account exists the person is prompted 'Before you can send this request, sign up to continue'
This doesn't happen in the original portal. We'd also ideally just have a Service Desk account created for the people that log tickets - we don't want them to take a full Jira license as they won't need to access the system itself, just trade emails with us while we solve their issues.
The second error occurs when people have an existing Jira login in the new account:
- It gives an error of 'An account already exists for this email' which I'm assuming is a prompt to get them to login? On the old account it will just create them tickets without having to login.
I've been going through various documents and how tos but so far with no luck, would anyone have any suggestions please?
Thanks in advance!