I am trying to do a branch limit 1, I am attempting this by trying to allow the first issue in a branch to pass a condition so I can use the value created to trigger another automation. The problem I am running into is I am using a lookup based on the field I edit to stop and subsequent loops of the branch from running. The lookup on the second go acts like the issue has not been edited and so it returns nothing the second pass and allows it through.
If it is the case that JIRA automation si NOT actually updating the issue at that moment and is in fact waiting is there some other way around this problem? I can not believe they don't have a limit for there JQL branch search.
Other things I have tried is using smart variables BUT apparently JQL Branches don't HOLD the value in a variable....
Is there a way past this? I feel like if there isn't then someone needs to be fired over there cuz these are realllly basic items here.
