I have an automation that creates a whole shed-load of tasks and subtasks. I had this working perfectly, until someone threw the spanner of maximum steps into the works.
So, I've split my process into 3 primary task creators that all trigger off the same event (i.e. Epic transitions to Planned). This creates my tasks nicely, and as they are created they all add a label that triggers the creation of the subtasks (so, Task A is created by triggering of the Epic with a label of auto-x, and the subtasks of Task A are created by the automation that triggers when a task is created with the label of auto-x). This all works to create the tasks etc. However, some of the tasks have a dependency on other tasks. So, Task X can't start until Task Y is complete, or Task Z can't start until subtask w is complete etc). If these are in the same automation it's fine. What I want to do though is create the dependencies in the other automations. Is this possible? If not, is it possible to wait until certain tasks are created (the ones on which the dependencies exist) and them create the dependency using a jql query?