I am having an incredibly frustrating time trying to figure out if this is even possible.
Two very basic question I cannot seem to find any answers to:
- How do I export insight object data from Jira to Confluence, Excel, and or Google Sheets?
- How do I include insight object data within Jira Filter columns in exports to Confluence, Excel, and or Google Sheets?
I have the following configuration
Issue Type Foo
- Custom Field (Insight Object) - Can store multiple objects
This works. I can add/remove objects from the field successfully. In Jira Filters, the multiple objects get displayed as expected when displaying the Custom Field as a column.
However things that seem broken / missing:
- Using this filter from confluence /jira macro - the custom field column contents is always blank. Is this not supported at all? How do I see Insight Objects in Jira Filters from Confluence?
- Exporting this filter to Excel / Google Sheets - all cells with Insight Objects are filled with "[no field found]". Does this mean insight object fields aren't supported in exports to spreadsheets?
- I cannot for the life of me figure out how to do the most SIMPLE reporting tasks agains this field.
- Report the count of objects per issue. It seems the only way to do this is to create another custom field to store a count value, and then use a Jira Automation task to calculate this every time the Insight Object field changes.
- Report of the list of Insight Objects and their related Issues (Objects can be assigned to multiple Jira Issues). I can't find any way to get ANY data reporting out of Jira of IQL queries - to excel, google sheets, or confluence. What am I missing here?