How can I get a list of all labels used in a JIRA project?
Hi @Steve Hooczko - Unfortunately no real way to do this in Jira elegantly. Your best bet is to query for all issues in the project, export to csv/Excel and perform a UNIQUE function.
Thanks.
Hi @Steve Hooczko ,
While @Mark Segall's approach will certainly work, I believe you have a few more options than the export route.
First of all, you can use a little know feature called Jira Expressions to have Jira list and count all the labels of issues selected by a JQL query. The expression you would use looks like this:
issues .map(l => l.labels) .flatten() .reduce((result, label) => result.set( label, (result[label] || 0) + 1), new Map())
Which would return something like this:
{ "label_1": 45, "rare_label": 1}
Unfortunately, Jira Expressions are only available via the API, so you would need to write a a small script.
Second option, if you like the Expressions idea, but want a nicer UI there's a free app for that called Expression Tester.
And last but not least, you can go the app route and install one of the labels app available in the Marketplace. In my biased opinion, Project Labels is a fantastic and fully-featured option, including even an autocorrect feature for commonly misspelled labels.
Hope that helps, Oliver
P.S. Full-disclosure: I work for Polymetis Apps, the vendor behind the Expression Tester and Project Labels. I'm also a huge fan of the label feature and wish it would see more use in Jira.
You can get a list of all labels as json file from the REST API, see the answers in this thread:https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/How-do-I-find-all-labels-in-Jira/qaq-p/1784796
Hi Steve,
You can also use the Labels Gadget in a Jira dashboard:
which you can configure to only show labels in a given project:
We also recently released a third-party app - Label Organizer for Jira Cloud - which provides the ability to view and organize (merge, rename, bulk-delete and bulk-assign) labels in a Jira project:
It's totally free for organisations with less than 10 users, and we've tried to price it very economically for organisations with more users. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or suggestions.
I wonder why nobody upvoted that answer until now.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.