Our org finally has the need to enable password expiration after 90 days on our Atlassian Cloud account. That's easy enough, but I haven't seen any solid answers about what to expect once that's enabled, aside from one question posted years ago.
- Will all passwords suddenly expire since they're all well over 90 days old?
- Will a counter start today and expire them all 90 days from now?
- Will nothing happen at all except for new users added after the setting is enabled?
The aforementioned old question had a response that nothing would happen unless the admin clicks the "Reset Passwords" button. I was about to give it a shot and received a vague warning:
We'll apply updates next time members log in. We recommend letting your members know about updates they need to be aware of.
That's not super helpful. Can anyone tell me with confidence what will happen here? I want to send out a message to the userbase letting them know what to expect and don't want a bunch of angry developers coming after me!
Thanks in advance.