Test connection failed. Details: The response is not in a JSON format. Power Automate Flow
hello,
it means that your json body probably contains a format error like an extra comma.
use a json validator available on web : https://jsonformatter.curiousconcept.com
regards.
We have validated the JSON, using raw inputs and still we are facing the same issue.
Thank you.
it's weird. your jira connector is not set. try to connect first on your instance.
We were originally connected to https://jira.companyname.com/ This is a connection that has broken since a JIRA upgrade. Although I believe the issue is not related to the upgrade as it was working for a number of weeks after.
I have tried reconnecting with multiple different users and it just won't work.
The flow itself had been working for around 2 years (maybe more)
Thanks for your help
Its really annoying. I did try it on the private browser as I thought that was what you meant. I did also try it on the normal browser.
I can usual work these things out, but its really beating me this one.
I'm dealing with the same issue. The weird thing is that even if it throws an error on the Logic App/Power Automate, it still works.
This might be because of this recent change: https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/deprecation-notice-basic-auth-and-cookie-based-auth/
It's possible that the connector wasn't updated to handle Access Tokens yet or any other alternative and is suffering the dreaded "401" error
If anyone knows a workaround to this issue please speak up!
This is Gareth Williams...I am logged in with a different account. I assume the below is what you refer to?
I get either the JSON error or the below...
Test connection failed. Details: Please check your credentials and try again. <html> <head> <title>Unauthorized (401)</title> <!--[if IE]><![endif]--> <script type="text/javascript"> (function() { var contextPath = ''; function printDeprecatedMsg() { if (console && console.warn) { console.warn('DEPRECATED JS - contextPath global variable has been deprecated since 7.4.0. Use `wrm/context-path` module instead.'); } } Object.defineProperty(window, 'contextPath', { get: function() { printDeprecatedMsg(); return contextPath; }, set: function(value) { printDeprecatedMsg(); contextPath = value; } }); })(); </script> <script> window.WRM=window.WRM||{};window.WRM._unparsedData=window.WRM._unparsedData||{};window.WRM._unparsedErrors=window.WRM._unparsedErrors||{}; WRM._unparsedData["com.atlassian.plugins.atlassian-plugins-webresource-plugin:context-path.context-path"]="\"\""; WRM._unparsedData["jira.core:feature-flags-data.feature-flag-data"]="{\"enabled-feature-keys\":[\"com.atlassian.jira.agile.darkfeature.editable.detailsview\",\"nps.survey.inline.dialog\",\"com.atlassian.jira.agile.darkfeature.edit.closed.sprint.enabled\",\"jira.plugin.devstatus.phasetwo\",\"jira.frother.reporter.field\",\"atlassian.rest.xsrf.legacy.enabled\",\"jira.issue.status.lozenge\",\"com.atlassian.jira.config.BIG_PIPE\",\"com.atlassian.jira.projects.issuenavigator\",\"com.atlassian.jira.config.PDL\",\"jira.plugin.devstatus.phasetwo.enabled\",\"atlassian.aui.raphael.disabled\",\"applinks.v3.ui\",\"app-switcher.new\",\"frother.assignee.field\",\"com.atlassian.jira.projects.ProjectCentricNavigation.Switch\",\"jira.onboarding.cyoa\",\"com.atlassian.jira.agile.darkfeature.kanplan.enabled\",\"com.atlassian.jira.config.ProjectConfig.MENU\",\"com.atlassian.jira.projects.sidebar.DEFER_RESOURCES\",\"com.atlassian.jira.agile.darkfeature.kanplan.epics.and.versions.enabled\",\"com.atlassian.jira.agile.darkfeature.sprint.goal.enabled\",\"jira.zdu.admin-updates-ui\",\"jira.zdu.jmx-monitoring\",\"mail.batching.enabled\",\"sd.new.settings.sidebar.location.disabled\",\"jira.zdu.cluster-upgrade-state\",\"com.atlassian.jira.email.templates.readFromJiraHome\",\"com.atlassian.jira.agile.darkfeature.splitissue\",\"com.atlassian.jira.config.CoreFeatures.LICENSE_ROLES_ENABLED\",\"jira.export.csv.enabled\"],\"feature-flag-states\":{\"data.pipeline.feature.jira.issue.history.export\":true,\"com.atlassian.jira.security.endpoint.non.admin.access.screens\":false,\"com.atlassian.jira.mailHandlerImapMessageQueryLegacy\":false,\"com.atlassian.jira.security.endpoint.non.browse.projects.access.fields\":false,\"com.atlassian.jira.webhookEventsAsyncProcessing\":true,\"atlassian.cdn.static.assets\":true,\"jira.richeditor.bidi.warning\":true,\"mail.batching\":false,\"com.atlassian.jira.diagnostics.perflog\":true,\"com.atlassian.jira.privateEntitiesEditable\":true,\"com.atlassian.jira.security.endpoint.anonymous.access.priority\":false,\"com.atlassian.jira.dbr\":true,\"com.atlassian.jira.issuetable.move.links.hidden\":true,\"jira.priorities.per.project.edit.default\":false,\"com.atlassian.jira.agile.darkfeature.unlink.sprints.on.issue.move\":true,\"jira.renderer.consider.variable.format\":true,\"com.atlassian.jira.user.dbIdBasedKeyGenerationStrategy\":true,\"com.atlassian.jira.plugin.issuenavigator.jql.autocomplete.eagerlyLoaded\":false,\"com.atlassian.jira.agile.darkfeature.issues.in.epic.details.view\":true,\"com.atlassian.portfolio.dcBundling\":true,\"jira.priorities.per.project.jsd\":true,\"com.atlassian.jira.plugin.issuenavigator.anonymousPreventCfData\":false,\"com.atlassian.jira.agile.darkfeature.rapid.boards.bands\":true,\"com.atlassian.jira.sharedEntityEditRights\":true,\"com.atlassian.jira.agile.darkfeature.flexible.boards\":true,\"com.atlassian.jira.agile.darkfeature.sprint.picker.allsprints.suggestion\":true,\"com.atlassian.jira.security.endpoint.anonymous.access.resolution\":false,\"com.atlassian.jira.agile.darkfeature.sprint.goal\":false,\"jira.dc.lock.leasing\":true,\"com.atlassian.jira.accessibility.personal.settings\":true,\"jira.cluster.monitoring.show.offline.nodes\":true,\"mail.batching.create.section.cf\":true,\"com.atlassian.jira.commentReactions\":true,\"data.pipeline.feature.jira.issue.links.export\":true,\"com.atlassian.jira.security.endpoint.non.browse.projects.access.autocompletedata\":false,\"com.atlassian.jira.custom.csv.escaper\":true,\"com.atlassian.mail.server.managers.hostname.verification\":true,\"com.atlassian.jira.fixedCommentDeletionNotifications\":true,\"com.atlassian.jira.plugin.issuenavigator.filtersUxImprovment\":true,\"com.atlassian.jira.agile.darkfeature.kanplan.epics.and.versions\":false,\"com.atlassian.jira.jsd.mobile\":true,\"jira.customfields.cleanup.identification\":false,\"data.pipeline.feature.jira.all.exportable.custom.fields\":true,\"com.atlassian.jira.defaultValuesForSystemFields\":true,\"com.atlassian.advancedroadmaps.rebrand\":true,\"com.atlassian.jira.upgrade.startup.fix.index\":true,\"jira.dc.cleanup.cluser.tasks\":true,\"jira.customfields.bulk.delete\":false,\"com.atlassian.jira.issues.archiving.filters\":false,\"mail.batching.override.core\":true,\"jira.users.and.roles.page.in.react\":true,\"jira.security.csp.sandbox\":true,\"com.atlassian.jira.security.endpoint.anonymous.access.projectCategory\":false,\"jira.redirect.anonymous.404.errors\":true,\"com.atlassian.jira.agile.darkfeature.velocity.chart.ui\":true,\"com.atlassian.jira.issuetable.draggable\":true,\"com.atlassian.jira.returnDefaultAvatarsForBrokenAvatars\":true,\"com.atlassian.jira.attachments.generate.unique.suffix\":true,\"com.atlassian.jira.agile.darkfeature.sprint.auto.management\":false,\"com.atlassian.jira.agile.darkfeature.kanban.hide.old.done.issues\":true,\"jira.version.based.node.reindex.service\":true,\"jira.jql.suggestrecentfields\":false,\"com.atlassian.jira.agile.darkfeature.backlog.showmore\":true,\"com.atlassian.jira.gdpr.rtbf\":true,\"com.atlassian.jira.agile.darkfeature.sprint.plan\":false,\"com.atlassian.jira.security.xsrf.session.token\":true,\"com.atlassian.jira.security.endpoint.anonymous.access.issueLinkType\":false,\"com.atlassian.jira.agile.darkfeature.optimistic.transitions\":true,\"com.atlassian.jira.security.project.admin.revoke.with.application.access\":true,\"com.atlassian.jiranomenclature\":true,\"com.atlassian.jira.security.endpoint.non.admin.access.avatar.system\":false,\"com.atlassian.jira.security.LegacyJiraTypeResolver.WARN_ONLY\":false,\"com.atlassian.jira.agile.darkfeature.kanplan\":false,\"data.pipeline.feature.jira.schema.version.2\":true,\"com.atlassian.jira.agile.darkfeature.burnupchart\":true,\"com.atlassian.jira.agile.darkfeature.velocity.sprint.picker\":false,\"com.atlassian.jira.issues.archiving.browse\":true,\"com.atlassian.jira.agile.darkfeature.future.sprint.dates\":true,\"jira.instrumentation.laas\":false,\"com.atlassian.jira.filtersAndDashboardsShareableWithAllGroupsAndRoles\":true,\"jira.customfields.paginated.ui\":true,\"com.atlassian.jira.agile.darkfeature.edit.closed.sprint\":false,\"mail.batching.user.notification\":true,\"jira.create.linked.issue\":true,\"com.atlassian.jira.agile.darkfeature.dataonpageload\":true,\"com.atlassian.jira.advanced.audit.log\":true,\"jira.sal.host.connect.accessor.existing.transaction.will.create.transactions\":true,\"data.pipeline.feature.jira.archived.issue.export\":false,\"external.links.new.window\":true,\"jira.quick.search\":true,\"com.atlassian.jira.projects.per.project.permission.query\":true,\"jira.jql.smartautoselectfirst\":false,\"com.atlassian.jira.issues.archiving\":true,\"index.use.snappy\":true,\"jira.priorities.per.project\":true,\"jira.jql.membersof.ignoreGlobalPermissionsForAnonymous\":false}}"; WRM._unparsedData["jira.core:default-comment-security-level-data.DefaultCommentSecurityLevelHelpLink"]="{\"extraClasses\":\"default-comment-level-help\",\"title\":\"Commenting on an Issue\",\"url\":\"https://docs.atlassian.com/jira/jcore-docs-0820/Editing+and+collaborating+on+issues#Editingandcollaboratingonissues-restrictacomment\",\"isLocal\":false}"; WRM._unparsedData["com.atlassian.analytics.analytics-client:policy-update-init.policy-update-data-provider"]="false"; WRM._unparsedData["com.atlassian.analytics.analytics-client:programmatic-analytics-init.programmatic-analytics-data-provider"]="false"; WRM._unparsedData["jira.core:dateFormatProvider.allFormats"]="{\"dateFormats\":{\"meridiem\":[\"AM\",\"PM\"],\"eras\":[\"BC\",\"AD\"],\"months\":[\"January\",\"February\",\"March\",\"April\",\"May\",\"June\",\"July\",\"August\",\"September\",\"October\",\"November\",\"December\"],\"monthsShort\":[\"Jan\",\"Feb\",\"Mar\",\"Apr\",\"May\",\"Jun\",\"Jul\",\"Aug\",\"Sep\",\"Oct\",\"Nov\",\"Dec\"],\"weekdaysShort\":[\"Sun\",\"Mon\",\"Tue\",\"Wed\",\"Thu\",\"Fri\",\"Sat\"],\"weekdays\":[\"Sunday\",\"Monday\",\"Tuesday\",\"Wednesday\",\"Thursday\",\"Friday\",\"Saturday\"]},\"lookAndFeelFormats\":{\"relativize\":\"true\",\"time\":\"h:mm a\",\"day\":\"EEEE h:mm a\",\"dmy\":\"dd/MMM/yy\",\"complete\":\"dd/MMM/yy h:mm a\"}}"; WRM._unparsedData["jira.core:avatar-picker-data.data"]="{}"; WRM._unparsedData["jira.core:terminology-data.terminology"]="{\"terminologyEntries\":[{\"originalName\":\"sprint\",\"originalNamePlural\":\"sprints\",\"newName\":\"sprint\",\"newNamePlural\":\"sprints\",\"isDefault\":true},{\"originalName\":\"epic\",\"originalNamePlural\":\"epics\",\"newName\":\"epic\",\"newNamePlural\":\"epics\",\"isDefault\":true}],\"isTerminologyActive\":false}"; WRM._unparsedData["com.atlassian.jira.jira-header-plugin:dismissedFlags.flags"]="{\"dismissed\":[]}"; WRM._unparsedData["com.atlassian.jira.jira-header-plugin:newsletter-signup-tip-init.newsletterSignup"]="{\"signupDescription\":\"Get updates, inspiration and best practices from the team behind Jira.\",\"formUrl\":\"https://www.atlassian.com/apis/exact-target/{0}/subscribe?mailingListId=1401671\",\"signupTitle\":\"Sign up!\",\"signupId\":\"newsletter-signup-tip\",\"showNewsletterTip\":false}"; WRM._unparsedData["com.atlassian.jira.project-templates-plugin:project-templates-plugin-resources.ptAnalyticsData"]="{\"instanceCreatedDate\":\"2018-03-20\"}"; WRM._unparsedData["jira.core:user-message-flags-data.adminLockout"]="{}"; WRM._unparsedData["com.atlassian.plugins.helptips.jira-help-tips:help-tip-manager.JiraHelpTipData"]="{\"anonymous\":true}"; if(window.WRM._dataArrived)window.WRM._dataArrived();</script> <link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" href="/s/dd94b2ea8cda4c3b24b696bcd0c3109f-CDN/-4n13xp/820001/7cl3m3/c95955c3a0b2b5bb35a047ca6970ceb9/_/download/contextbatch/css/_super/batch.css" data-wrm-key="_super" data-wrm-batch-type="context" media="all"> <link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" href="/s/edc1c5ce1fa739990782ee768a314e06-CDN/-4n13xp/820001/7cl3m3/6b042e1acc3559a709765f968faf4f9a/_/download/contextbatch/css/atl.general,jira.global,-_super/batch.css?agile_global_admin_condition=true&jag=true" data-wrm-key="atl.general,jira.global,-_super" data-wrm-batch-type="context" media="all"> <script type="text/javascript" src="/s/fb2cb1490afba5ae20de95db4d6ee805-CDN/-4n13xp/820001/7cl3m3/c95955c3a0b2b5bb35a047ca6970ceb9/_/download/contextbatch/js/_super/batch.js?locale=en-UK" data-wrm-key="_super" data-wrm-batch-type="context" data-initially-rendered></script> <script type="text/javascript" src="/s/d45737f3e3489fdfd771d469b617780e-CDN/-4n13xp/820001/7cl3m3/6b042e1acc3559a709765f968faf4f9a/_/download/contextbatch/js/atl.general,jira.global,-_super/batch.js?agile_global_admin_condition=true&jag=true&locale=en-UK" data-wrm-key="atl.general,jira.global,-_super" data-wrm-batch-type="context" data-initially-rendered></script> <script type="text/javascript" src="/s/6601d96f833a7049ad0c9a1d3409a29b-CDN/-4n13xp/820001/7cl3m3/18cb3007e50ee4bcdc2ea448718715de/_/download/contextbatch/js/atl.global,-_super/batch.js?locale=en-UK" data-wrm-key="atl.global,-_super" data-wrm-batch-type="context" data-initially-rendered></script> <link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" href="/s/cdb0c32ca7be55e3b21b55476a5a90d5-CDN/-4n13xp/820001/7cl3m3/b18d3497ffc2a8d1aa68d9fd201b8ce4/_/download/contextbatch/css/jira.global.look-and-feel,-_super/batch.css" data-wrm-key="jira.global.look-and-feel,-_super" data-wrm-batch-type="context" media="all"> <script type="text/javascript" src="/rest/api/1.0/shortcuts/820001/1c486d6fd0000dd75f8fd92ec2c00006/shortcuts.js"></script> <script> window._AP = window._AP || {}; window._AP.dialogOptions = { }; window._AP.inlineDialogOptions = { }; </script> <meta name="application-name" content="JIRA" data-name="jira" data-version="8.20.1"> </head> <body id="jira" class="aui-layout aui-style-default page-type-message " data-version="8.20.1" > <!-- HTTPError401 --> <div class="aui-page-panel" ><div class="aui-page-panel-inner"> <main role="main" id="main" class="aui-page-panel-content" > <div class="aui-page-header" ><div class="aui-page-header-inner"> <div class="aui-page-header-main" > <h1>Unauthorized (401)</h1> </div> </div></div> <div class="aui-message aui-message-warning warning"> <p>Encountered a <code>"401 - Unauthorized"</code> error while loading this page.</p> <p>Basic Authentication Failure - Reason : AUTHENTICATED_FAILED</p> <p><a href="/secure/MyJiraHome.jspa">Go to Jira home</a></p> </div> </main> </div></div> </body> </html>
Yeah, pretty much!
I was able to normally log in before using my same credentials but now it refuses to log me in at all! (even if I use a user access token)
This is what I get at the bottom. Keep in mind that basic auth is enabled, but it looks like Username/Password Basic Auth is Forced off and Power Automate has changed over to Access Tokens or some other alternative.
<p>Encountered a <code>"401 - Unauthorized"</code> error while loading this page.</p> <p>Won't authenticate user tcox, as no valid API token was provided and Basic Auth with password is disabled</p>
Has anyone been able to resolve this?
Hi all
I found a workaround for this, that works for me.
I have access to 3 different Jira instances. The error happen in one of them.
1. In the trigger, change the connection with error with another one without error.
2. Save the flow
3. Export the flow as ZIP
4. Look for the definition.json file in the ZIP (Path -> ZIP file/Microsoft.Flow/flows/xxxx-xxx-xx.../
5. Change the keys
{"projectKey":"Projectwithouterror"} by {"projectKey":"Projectwitherror"}
"connectionName":"connectionnamewithouterror" by "connectionName":"connectionnamewitherror"
6. Import the ZIP file.
Hope it helps, as I said, it is working for me.
Unfortunately I dont have a connection without an error. I did have and for a short time, I just changed to that. However I needed to amend the user for JIRA, at that point that connection also broke and I couldnt recover it
Actually, i think I understand what you are saying now. I'll try it with a different connector for a different app and see if I can get it to work.
Not yet... Going to try the above suggestion later today.
Thanks for the advice! Unfortunately I only have broken Jira instances; was not successful with attempting to download as a ZIP either
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-discussions/Unable-to-connect-JIRA-due-to-JSON-error/m-p/2026339#M5628?utm_source=dm&utm_medium=unpaid-social&utm_campaign=P:online*O:community*I:social_share*
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.