Hi there,
I'm almost there with my automation that copies values from select List (multiple choice) custom field from parent to children, but I'm struggling with JSON syntax.
My rule works as follows:
- triggered when parent link is added (Advanced Roadmap's parent link)
- looks up the parent via the Lookup Issues function
- edit issues --> here I want to add every looked up value to the child. Here's the code I use at the moment:
{
"update": {
"customfield_10820": [{"add":""}{{#lookupIssues.customfield_10820}},{"add": "{{.}}"}{{/}}]
}
}But I keep getting this error: data was not an object (customfield_10820))
I figure I'm missing "value" somewhere in the syntax. I played around a lot using great tips from @Erik Buchholz from the following threads, but still can't figure this out:
How to copy multi-value field in using Advance Options in Automation Rule?
If else in Automation for Jira advanced field editing JSON
Any JSON expert out there who'd be able to help out? 
Cheers,
Krzesimir