Hello Community!I need some help with adding multiple users to a group.When I send the request only one of the users is added.
What am I doing wrong?
Hi @Marina Vital
I'm afraid this only works for a single user, if you have multiple users, we would need to make multiple calls
https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/rest/v3/api-group-groups/#api-rest-api-3-group-user-post
Thanks,Pramodh
@Pramodh M
Thanks!
I used the api to add user to the group. it responded nothing and didn't add the user to the group. "get user from group api" works fine. accountId and group id are exported from jira. any idea?
Hey, @Marina Vital
I, too, was in a similar predicament. Here's what I was able to do.
I created a .sh script to add multiple users to a group.
Here's my approach.
⚠️ These are already created users.
#!/bin/bash# Define the API endpoint and group IDAPI_ENDPOINT='https:/your-domain.net/wiki/rest/api/group/userByGroupId?groupId=9366eda7-cbde-41f6-8b6d-27fad9219e3c'# Define the user account IDs to be addedUSER_ACCOUNT_IDS=("612498b165129802006af619ef""612498b165129802006af619eg""612498b165129802006af619eh""612498b165129802006af619ei""612498b165129802006af619ej")# Loop through the user account IDs and send a curl request for eachfor USER_ACCOUNT_ID in "${USER_ACCOUNT_IDS[@]}"; docurl --request POST \--url "$API_ENDPOINT" \--user 'email@example.com:<api_token>' \--header 'Content-Type: application/json' \--data "{\"accountId\":\"$USER_ACCOUNT_ID\"}"done
Next, you can check if it was successful by using the following curl command.
curl --request GET \ --url 'https://your-domain.atlassian.net/wiki/rest/api/group/member?name={name}' \ --user 'email@example.com:<api_token>' \ --header 'Accept: application/json' | jq .
If you need to get the name of your group, run this curl command:
curl --request GET \ --url 'https://your-domain.atlassian.net/wiki/rest/api/group/by-id?id={id}' \ --user 'email@example.com:<api_token>' \ --header 'Accept: application/json' | jq .
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.