Hi there,
I am unable to make this work properly, hope somebody may help me with this:
- Manually create issue in UI
- instantly add certain customer as participant using Automation (I actually have one rule that assigns the correct request type, the correct assignee plus adds the mentioned customer as participant to a new issue)
- then get Jira to automatically send a proper 'new issue created' mail notification to all participants (of course including newly added customer) based on the Jira standard HTML template that has those interactive links to the portal, to unsubscribe, participants list, etc
When I add 'send email' step to the above mentioned automation rule for new issues I can't manage to send the right 'type' of Jira HTML project notification mail but only a kind of one-time text message that doesn't have the same 'interactive' / reply functionality as the project notification mails do.
In 'project notifications' on the other hand I'm able to add a custom notification that is triggered by 'participant added' condition and which sends the right type of HTML template mail, however this rule is not triggered by the automation rule adding the participant during issue creation in the first place.
I must admit I'm kind of lost regarding what the right steps to achieve this might be, reading the abundance of posts here around automation, participants and notifications.
I believe the problem might have to do with automation rules and notifications working differently and independently from Jira core (?) project notification rules.
Would be great if someone could sort this out!
Thanks
Philip