I am trying to use Jira automation to transition tickets through multiples states. Block level statements are as below:
If status = State1 {
transition to State2
refetch issue data
}
If status = State2 {
transition to State3
refetch issue data
}
And so on
The ticket gets transitioned to State2 but doesn't transition to State3. If I trigger the automation manually after ticket has transitioned to State2, it does transition to State3.
I have 'If' statements as above since, to start with the ticket could be in State1 or State2. I want to get the ticket in State'N' starting from any state rather than just from State1.
I tried printing the status values as comments before and after the refetch statements. So for the 1st If block it does print status as State1 (for add comment statement before refetch data) and as State2 (for add comment statement after refetch data).
Any idea why the subsequent 'Ifs' don't work?
Regards,
Meghanand